Search

Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 16: Ko, part II



A comment from Steve (see previous post) opened my eyes about alternatives of writing the ko rule in the engine. It is always a good thing to receive comments like this. I don't know if it is that easy to implement his idea in this engine the way it is written. but for now I will take one part of his idea. Maybe in future recodings this will naturally change to his way, but one part interested me now: in a ko the last move before looking at it is a capture of one stone. If there was not a capture of one stone there is no need to search for a ko. Then, for now, I will continue as planed.

First thing then is to change the "tryToKill" method from void to integer, so if the result is 1 try for ko and <>1 don't.

Off topic: It is good to read comments, a lot of new ideas come from this, it is also good to know that you are here, so , when you want, post even a "hello man" in the blog, this gives me strength to continue!

Thanks a lot to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment