Search

Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 19: GTP, starting the hard things



The day has come, in the weekend I was reading how GTP works and was thinking how to make it work on my program. I will try to implement a simple command to see if it works...

MAYOR UPDATES MADE IN THE main loop, this is hurting. 

Ok, I downloaded and installed GoGui, to see how it works. As the people of computer-go mailing list told me, GTP uses standard IO so just used inputStreamReader (with the bufferedReader) and System.out.Println().

Right now I implemented:  play, name, version, protocol_version, list_commands, boardsize and clearboard. For now boardsize just returns true, it is hardcoded to 19 so, every game I start will be 19x19 (I can hardcode it to whatever). boardsize calls board initialize.

This is what I get in GoGui:


Well, next have to make it play and then some refactor to make the code more clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment